If they don't win, it's the same...
I'll be backfilling my Annihilation entries over the next day or two, but until then...
Friday, April 25th
Saturday, April 26th
Sunday, April 27th
Man, let me tell you, Paul Maholm throwing a two-hit complete game really helped take the sting out of seeing Matt Morris put on one of the worst pitching performances I've ever seen in the majors. Having Nate McClouth bang two homers right over my head helped too.
- When announcing the Phillies' line-up they used the theme music from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. (They usually use the "Imperial March" from Star Wars).
- There were an awful lot of Philadelphia fans at the stadium all weekend — maybe a quarter to a third of the fans in the stands were cheering for the Phillies. Strangely, they were all well-behaved, which seems odd for Phillies fans.
- I hate to say it, but every now and then it really looks like Jason Bay is dogging it in left field. I don't necessarily think he needs to be sliding and diving at every ball but it wouldn't hurt for him to show a little more hustle than he usually does.
- Riding the T after the Friday game was nuts. The Pirates and Pens game let out not too long after each other, and then you had additional traffic from people who'd been hanging around after the Gallery Crawl and the other performances going on in the Cultural District. Game was over at 10:00, and I didn't get home until almost midnight.
- The Pirates have great video packages and scoreboard entertainment. And yet, sometimes I find myself wondering how many minor league scouts they could hire if they cut out all that crap.
- So Taguchi has an enormous face. Really. It takes up way too much of his head.
- Got my first sunburn of the year on Sunday. Usually I get that during the home opener but it just hasn't been bright enough until today.
Photographs after the cut...
This is the first time I've really had a chance to use my zoom lens with my new camera body. For some reason, it wasn't locking into position right. Fortunately, I was able to fix that by adding a few layers of duct tape to the lens body. Ah, duct tape, is there anything you can't do?