Santa Contra El Estrangulador
It's Christmas time again, which means it's time for me to put together another holiday mix to annoy... er, amuse my brothers. Here's this year's track listing.
- Richard Pryor, "Black Messiah"
- Kate Rusby, "Here We Come A-Wassailing"
- Tripod, "O Holy Night"
- Elvis Presley, "The First Noel"
- Pomplamoose (with Wade Johnston), "O Come, All Ye Faithful"
- Sinead O'Connor, "Silent Night"
- Futurama dialogue, "X-Mas Eve..."
- Bob Rivers, "The Twisted Chipmunk Song"
- Bob Rivers, "Chipmunks Roasting on an Open Fire"
- Rosie Thomas, "Christmas Don't Be Late"
- Richard Cheese, "Christmastime is Here"
- Futurama dialogue, "Just be back by sundown..."
- Los Straitjackets, "Here Comes Santa Claus"
- Divide and Kreate, "Blitzkrieg Santa"
- Nerf Herder, "Santa Has a Mullet"
- Fountains of Wayne, "The Man in the Santa Suit"
- Futurama dialogue, "We brought your mail...."
- Loo and Placido, "Horny Christmas"
- Stephen Colbert and John Legend, "Nutmeg"
- Jeff MacDougall, "Becky, the Office Party Drunk Girl"
- Avenue Q, "Holi-Daze"
- The Hives and Cyndi Lauper, "A Christmas Duel"
- Futurama dialogue, "The holiday season..."
- Parry Gripp, "Oh No, It's Christmas"
- Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "X-mas Time (It Sure Doesn't Feel Like It)"
- Austin Lounge Lizards, "X-Mas Time for Visa"
- Gary Hoey, "You're A Mean one, Mr. Grinch"
- June Christy, "The Merriest"
- Bing Crosby, "Mele Kalikimaka"
- The Six Million Dollar Man, "Elves' Revolt"
- Tracy Jordan, "It's A Jordan Christmas!"
This year's mix gets off to a slow start but it's about 50% less annoying than last year's mix. And it's got a much spiffier cover, too! There's a higher resolution of the cover art over on my DeviantArt page.
The Gift That Keeps On Giving
If you are looking for some truly awful audio to torment people with this holiday season, may I recommend Six Million Dollar Man: Hear Four Exciting Christmas Adventures? It's an old storybook record from the '70s and you haven't lived until you've heard Steve Austin lay the smack down on eco-terrorists and communist elves who've teamed up to melt the north pole. All four tracks are downloadable from Joey deVilla's blog.